Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Hello, I am using boost graph, I have a questions about disable edge in one graph
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-03 16:16:39

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, mingliang zou wrote:

> Hello, Jeremiah Willcock, I have been looked the filtered_graph.
>
> It said that "The num_vertices and num_edges functions do not filter before returning results, so they return the number of vertices or edges in the
> underlying graph, unfiltered".
>
> Some times I need make new vertices from return value of num_vertices of filtered graph, not underlying graph.

Remember that any vertices filtered out in the filtered_graph still exist
in the original graph, and are still using slots for their properties and
such. Thus, you might actually want to use the vertex counts from the
original graph when you allocate things. If you truly need the number of
vertices in the filtered graph, use std::distance on vertices(g) to count
them individually (which might be slow if your graph is large).

-- Jeremiah Willcock