Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost.test] Missing entry point when statically linking
From: Tan, Tom (Shanghai) (TTan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-03 23:00:38

> Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 19:25:50 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]>
>
>Tan, Tom (Shanghai <TTan <at> husky.ca> writes:
>
> #include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>
> using namespace boost::unit_test::framework; using namespace
> boost::unit_test; ?
> test_suite* init_unit_test_suite(int argc, char *argv[]) { ???
> BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE("hello test."); ?
> ??? return 0;
> }
> With the same build options:
> cl.exe /EHsc /MT main.cpp
> ?
> VC2010 compiles fine. VC2012 outputs:
> LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined.

>Don't you need to link with static library? Can you try using single
header variants?

>Gennadiy

I am trying to use the static library, because I was under the
impression that the feature in this variant would be more complete than
others.
With VC++ I do not have to explicitly specify the static file name in
the command line if it's what you mean. And if this is the problem, the
error would be like
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc110-mt-s-1_50.lib'

I had a re-read of the single header variant documentation. Seems I can
just switch to it.
But it still seems strange that the static variant works with VC10 but
not VC11.