Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Move] Conflict between std::move and boost::move (Boost 1.49.0)
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-11 06:53:24

El 10/07/2012 23:55, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. escribió:

> ADL doesn't really seem appropriate here, does it? Sounds like you
> intend to call std::move regardless of the arguments.

I agree. You should qualify std::move or "using std::move";. You could
define another move(xxx) function in another namespace and have the same
problem.

> I did notice that if I define the macro
> BOOST_MOVE_USE_STANDARD_LIBRARY_MOVE, the compilation errors
> disappear. Is this the correct approach for compilers which support
> std::move? I find it odd that this macro isn't already defined for
> such compilers.
>

> Well, (a) based on my quick reading of move.hpp, that looks like it
> should do the thing you want; and (b) I don't the know the rationale for
> not defining it for C++11 compilers, perhaps Ion can comment.

It was an experiment, as Boost.Config does not detect the presence of
std::move. This macro should be activated for compilers with rvalue
references plus and an updated standard library.

Best,

Ion