Subject: [Boost-users] [MPI] how to compile Boost.MPI on Cray Linux?
From: Riccardo Murri (riccardo.murri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-09 09:04:26

Hello,

I'm trying to compile Boost.MPI on a Cray XK6 machine. The MPI
wrapper compiler is called `CC` and should be invoked with no
particular options. However, Boost complains that `CC` is not known
and does not compile Boost.MPI:

    MPI auto-detection failed: unknown wrapper compiler CC
    Please report this error to the Boost mailing list: http://www.boost.org
    You will need to manually configure MPI support.
    warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
    note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
    note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
    note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.

I have added the following to the top-level `project-config.jam` file,
but it does not help Jam to DTRT:

    using mpi : CC ;

Any hints on how to proceed?

Thanks,