Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPI] how to compile Boost.MPI on Cray Linux?
From: Ioannis Papadopoulos (ipapadop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-15 13:13:24

On 8/9/2012 8:04 AM, Riccardo Murri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile Boost.MPI on a Cray XK6 machine. The MPI
> wrapper compiler is called `CC` and should be invoked with no
> particular options. However, Boost complains that `CC` is not known
> and does not compile Boost.MPI:
>
> MPI auto-detection failed: unknown wrapper compiler CC
> Please report this error to the Boost mailing list: http://www.boost.org
> You will need to manually configure MPI support.
> warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
> note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
> note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
> note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
>
> I have added the following to the top-level `project-config.jam` file,
> but it does not help Jam to DTRT:
>
> using mpi : CC ;
>
> Any hints on how to proceed?
>
> Thanks,
> Riccardo

The actual line is more like (assuming your are compiling with gcc):

using mpi : /opt/cray/xt-asyncpe/default/bin/CC
           : <include>/opt/cray/mpt/default/gni/mpich2-gnu/include
             <library-path>/opt/cray/mpt/default/gni/mpich2-gnu/lib
             <find-shared-library>mpichcxx <find-shared-library>mpich ;

Note that your include/library-path directories might be different if
depending if you are compiling with gcc/icc/cray/pgi etc

Also, you might have to also choose some sub-directory under
/opt/cray/mpt/default/gni/mpich2-gnu (some machines have multiple versions)