Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [unordered_map]: Unexpected exception on valueinsertion
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-21 08:51:48

On 21 August 2012 13:21, Johannes Brunen <JBrunen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I see two problems running the unit test:
> 1. I would have to setup the runtime for 64 bit including the mentioned
> exception mask.
> 2. I'm not proficient in the usage of the unit test framework.

You just need to build the .cpp file and run it. Each one is a
self-contained program - no linking is required, just remember to add
boost's root to the include path. So you can use whatever build setup
you normally use.

> How can I change the hash function used for floats and doubles,
> respectively?
> Do you have an example for hashing the binary representation?

I have to write it first. It's a change to the implementation.

> I also use the multi_index container with a hashed_index on floats. I see
> the very same problems lurking on this side. If this is a real problem it
> might be worth to change the implementation of the hash function in general?

Yes, it's an issue in the hash function not the container.