Subject: [Boost-users] problems in compiling application using IBM XL C/C++ V12.1 and boost1.50.0
From: Pravar (pravar.jawalkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-29 03:21:09

Hi All,

I am getting compilation errors when I try to build my application code
which includes some boost headers using IBM XL C/C++ compiler V12.1.

"/opt/boost/include/boost/date_time/time_resolution_traits.hpp", line
71.21: 1540-0063 (S) The text "->" is unexpected.
"/opt/boost/include/boost/date_time/time_resolution_traits.hpp", line
135.33: 1540-0040 (S) The text "<" is unexpected.
"time_resolution_traits" may be undeclared or ambiguous.
"/opt/boost/include/boost/date_time/time_resolution_traits.hpp", line
136.33: 1540-0040 (S) The text "<" is unexpected.
"time_resolution_traits" may be undeclared or ambiguous.
"/opt/boost/include/boost/date_time/time_resolution_traits.hpp", line
137.33: 1540-0040 (S) The text "<" is unexpected.
"time_resolution_traits" may be undeclared or ambiguous.
"/opt/boost/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time_config.hpp",
line 40.44: 1540-0040 (S) The text "<" is unexpected.
"date_time::time_resolution_traits" may be undeclared or ambiguous.

These errors seems come due to the fact that this version of compiler is
claimed to have more standard conformance than its predecessors.
I confirmed from boost release notes of boost 1.50.0 that V12. of XL
C/C++ supports this boost version. But still I encountered above errors.

Should I use an older version of XL C/C++ compiler so that such errors
can be avoided ?
Does anybody encountered similar issues ?

I am completely stuck at this point and would greatly appreciate any
ideas to understand and resolve this.

Thanks,
Pravar

DISCLAIMER:

intended

for the named recipient(s) only.

It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its

this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the

opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.

distribution and / or publication of

this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is

strictly prohibited. If you have

immediately. .