Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost UTF suite namespace collision with user class names
From: Aras Vaichas (aras.vaichas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-03 04:52:29

Hi Gennadiy, thank you for getting back to me.

On 2 September 2012 04:08, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Aras Vaichas <aras.vaichas <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just started using the Boost Unit Test Framework so my problem
>> may be a bit naive.
>>
>> I would like to name each test suite after each of my classes.
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> class foo { }
>>
>> BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE(foo)
>
> Why don't you use test suite name foo_test(s)?

Because it seemed redundant. My application contains unit tests
grouped by unit test suites. Therefore everything in it is already a
test, so each suite is named after the class that it tests.

I should be able to name it whatever I choose. From a user's point of
view, it's just a name for a test suite, there shouldn't be side
effects to choosing a name.

> Naming test suites the same as the component under test is not a good practice
> IMO.

Perhaps not, but the API shouldn't dictate policy. Do you agree?

It's a simple fix, do you want me to forward a patch?

Aras