Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why is there so muchco-dependencyinBoost?Is there anything to be done about it?
From: Alex Perry (Alex.Perry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-06 13:40:26

On 06 September 2012 18:54 Robert Ramey [mailto:ramey_at_[hidden]] wrote :-

> Hmm - worthy of investigation. Any such Navigator is goint to require
> Javascript.
> I don't see this is a downside.
>
> a) Javascript is pretty ubiquitous
> b) The usage of the "navigator" is optional
> c) It doesn't take away anything we already have.

According to http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Documentation
" The format for documentation should be HTML, and should not require an advanced browser or server-side extensions. Style sheets are acceptable. ECMAScript/JavaScript is not acceptable."

Not sure quite why such a explicit refusal of javascript but I imagine there were (at least) good reasons for this so may be worth some discussion to see if the reasons are still extant before doing any work.

Alex