Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] vecS for vertex container and vertex index adjustments
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-03 15:32:44

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, Ed Linde wrote:

> Hi Jeremiah,
> Thanks for the quick responses. But since I am still a BGL newbie.
> I don't get what the predefined types are that I can use for my
> property map. What you seem to be suggesting sounds like a
> binary bitmap, which I have to check to set the filter or not for a
> vertex?
> So in the definition below for example, what would I replace "edge_weight_t"
> with?
> typedef property_map<Graph, edge_weight_t>::type EdgeWeightMap;
> (Example at
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/libs/graph/example/filtered_graph.cpp )
>
> Could you maybe show me a quick example of just the property map ?

One example of something similar is at libs/graph/example/astar_maze.cpp
in the Boost source tree. There, vertices are removed when they are in an
unordered_set. You might want to use a one_bit_color_map instead for
performance; look at property_map_filter at the bottom of
<boost/graph/filtered_graph.hpp> for how to use a property map for that.

-- Jeremiah Willcock