Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: [MPI] missing symbols using serialization's static library design
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-23 15:57:01

On 10/19/12 6:50 AM, "Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr."
<jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I'm not at all versed (let alone well-versed) in either
>> Boost.Serialization nor Boost.MPI, so I am not sure what Brian's
>> issue exactly is, but I'm curious, Robert, if you acknowledge this as
>> an issue? It seems strange to require a user to fiddle with stuff in
>> the detail namespace of a library.
>
>I don't doubt it's an issue. Note that I didn't write the MPI
>serilializat
>and in fact have never even glanced at it.
>
>Ah, okay. Fair enough. And I suppose to don't really have any Boost.MPI
>experts/maintainers lurking...?
>
>Brian, it sounds like at a minimum you should file a trac ticket against
>Boost.MPI (if one does not already exist), so at least the issue is
>recorded.

I filed a bug; hopefully someone will eventually have some time to look at
it. On the other hand, if no one is actively working on Boost.MPI, it's
more likely that using interfaces in the detail namespace won't cause
problems with future compatibility :).

Brian