Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building boost on Windows
From: John Lilley (john.lilley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-30 13:01:10

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM, John Lilley <john.lilley_at_[hidden]<mailto:john.lilley_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
I am trying to figure out which libraries to build on Windows. I really only need "polygon" and "geometry". But what libraries these dependent on that also need to be built? I've tried to query which will be built and I'm not getting the expected results, for example:
$ ./b2 --show-libraries --build-type=complete
The following libraries require building:
    - chrono
<snip>
    - wave
Hmmmm... where is polygon and geometry?

$ ./b2 --show-libraries --build-type=complete --with-geometry
error: wrong library name 'geometry' in the --with-<library> option.
Help please?

Probably both polygon and geometry are header-only...? Check the docs of each respective library.

- Jeff

Thanks I didn't realize that possibility.
As far as dependencies, how can I tell what other libraries (if any) I must include with polygon and geometry?
--john