Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Crediting the Work of Others (was: A cool book for c++11 is Published now (Revised Edition))
From: Algocoders (algocoders_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-01 14:33:34

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> It has come to my attention that this book appears to use the work of
> others without attribution. I'd like to give the authors a chance to
> explain why that appearance is false. From what you can see in
> Amazon's limited preview of the book, one can find numerous instances of
> code lifted from Andrew Sutton's "origin" library.

> Some of the data structures have been renamed or had the case changed.
> Most of the duplication of Origin code comes in Chapter 7 in that
> book. There appear to be no references to Origin in that chapter
> (based on searching through the book in Amazon).
>
> The IndirectlyCopyable text includes unsourced quotes directly from
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3351.pdf
> without quotation, and the concepts* diagrams are taken from the same
> document. Is there an attribution on the previous page that we can't see
> from Amazon's limited preview?

Crediting the work of others have been done in the book as
mentioned in the links below:
Preface :
http://www.algocoders.com/sites/default/files/preface_foa_revised.pdf
Acknowledgement :
http://www/algocoders.com/sites/default/files/acknowledgement_foa.pdf
Table of Contents :
http://www.algocoders.com/sites/default/files/toc_foa_revised.pdf

Chapter 3 :
http://www.algocoders.com/sites/default/files/chapter3_foa.pdf
Chapter 11 :
http://www.algocoders.com/sites/default/files/chapter11_foa.pdf

We have avoided repetitive mention of original sources in
respective chapters to let not the content be littered with
these details again.
Please let us know if we need to attribute in respective
chapters too, we would like to work on it.
Your feedback will be really helpful to guide us as a corrective measure.

Looking forward for suggestions,

Cheers,
Algocoders