Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Support for Boost.Container?
From: Tim Moore (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-07 12:51:25

On 2013-02-07 12:44, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 07/02/13 14:16, Neal Becker a écrit :
>> <rant>
>> IMO, the enforcement of private data encapsulation is, in the end,
>> counterproductive. I much prefer the python approach: private is a
>> 'suggestion', not a demand.
>>
>> If c++ community worked this way, serialization could be added
>> externally to any
>> code.
>> </rant>
>>

> Well, Boost.Container as any container allows to iterate on all its
> members so I don't see a problem to add the serialization externally,
> do you?

It is very easy to add serialization externally for containers where
support is not already provided. I have had to do this for a number of
Boost containers for software that I am working on. While having it
"just work" as the OP suggested would be nice, it's not a lot of work
IMHO to add it externally.

Tim