Subject: [Boost-users] [fusion, phoenix, spirit2] C++ orientation
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-23 22:56:25

Hello,

It's been a little while since I've gone into much depth in C++.

Been in the C# world for recent years and have a fairly advanced view of
that world, through concepts like push-oriented dependency injection,
pull-oriented inversion of control (less preferred), functional style
programming using anonymous actions, functions, lambdas, and so on.

I am working on a project now where we are adopting C++ into the mix, and I
would like to get a much better sense for Spirit (likely Spirit2) for
purposes of how to run sequences of complex data through various
calculations, finds, counts, etc, probably needing to dynamically parse
these calculations.

Our data will be a series of spiked tuples (one or more) of n-dimensional
packed values, and we'll probably need to dynamically parse calculations on
the n-dimensions to determine did we satisfy the solution.

I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone. It's all very conceptual,
very abstract, at this stage of the game. I know, or have a sense, exactly
how I might do it in C#, .NET 4, and so on. A little less so what's
available in C++, much less boost, spirit, phoenix, fusion, etc.

Any insight where to begin would be helpful.

Regards,

Michael