Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [fusion, phoenix, spirit2] C++ orientation
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-24 05:27:24

On 24/02/13 04:56, Michael Powell wrote:

> I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone. It's all very
> conceptual, very abstract, at this stage of the game. I know, or have a
> sense, exactly how I might do it in C#, .NET 4, and so on. A little less
> so what's available in C++, much less boost, spirit, phoenix, fusion, etc.

Boost is a collection of C++ libraries. Albeit there are libraries on
various subjects, what it covers is fairly little when compared to .NET,
and it isn't as consistent.

Spirit is a LL(k) parser generator where you define the grammar directly
with C++ expressions, in a way that resembles EBNF syntax.
Phoenix is a mechanism to define lambda functions with very concise syntax.
Fusion is a set of algorithms that operate on tuples.

Spirit uses Fusion in its data structures and you may use Phoenix to
embed actions in the grammar.