Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [fusion, phoenix, spirit2] C++ orientation
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-25 14:07:32

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Brian Budge <brian.budge_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Note that Proto is for compile-time DSL. ie C++ code that looks like a
> DSL.
> > So the queries would be hard-coded into the C++ code.
> > Spirit is for parsing text.
> >
> > Assuming the end-users will be building the queries on the fly, Spirit is
> > probably the right choice.
> >
> > Tony

Don't know Proto, although possibly, perhaps yes, if necessary.

I expect that we'll have some species that are configuration-driven, some
of that configuration is for things like parser-generated calibration, and
testing. Basically, testing bottom line says: did this series of data match
the species question? Yes, potentially, enter Spirit.

We do something akin to that using Lunula in the C# .NET world today, a
crude DSL that yields those type of answers. Now we're migrating to a next
generation, Linux / C++ based solution, so my interest in Boost, Spirit,
etc.