Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.MSM cc1plus.exe:: error: out of memory allocating 65532
From: RaRi (degoah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 18:01:23

Hi,

Im going to test tomorrow the proposed solutions with fewer event types in
my boost::variant type (which holds currently 44 different event types) and
the additional separation of the library into two TU's. Maybe I'll also test
the erasure type you've mentioned.

Regarding my boost::variant: It is used to compose 44 different event types.
Additionally this event type is passed as template parameter to the
stl::queue <> container , which is used as global event queue for all my
state machines (submachines). So each state of a submachine can put in a
corresponding event to that special/global event queue. Afterwards my "event
dispatcher" gets from the global event queue the latest event and forwards
it to the process_event method. I use the approach with the global event
queue due to the fact, that the submachines in boost.msm are not able to put
events into the event queue of the parent state machine (enclosing state
machine). (We already talk about this almost two month ago if you
remember...).

I will inform you tomorrow about my proceeding.

Bye,

Rafael