Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [CONFIG] static const definitions
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-01 03:47:10

>> I think it would be great to have a boost macro to test.
>> If no one else is aware of a readily-available macro in boost config,
>> maybe you can log a bug and provide a patch to get the ball rolling?
>>
>> Brian
> I've never done that before for Boost. Is there a guide you can point me
> to, on the correct procedures to follow?

It's here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/guidelines_for_boost_authors.html#boost_config.guidelines_for_boost_authors.adding_new_defect_macros

But to be honest that looks like a BOOST_WORKAROUND rather than a full on
config macro to me - the reason being that it just looks like a compiler
specific bug plain and simple, rather than a missing feature.

As you say, Boost's usage of static constants are probably all in templates
which are handled correctly, this is a weird one to be honest!

HTH, John.