Subject: [Boost-users] Supressing GCCs 'MACRONAME' is not defined [-Wundef]
From: Roman Himmes (himmes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-08 05:53:55

Hi!

After compiling boost_1_53_0 I got a lot of MACROS are not defined
messages compiling my project.
To suppress those warnings I changed the boost/config.hpp and appended:

#define BOOST_MPL_HAS_XXX_NO_EXPLICIT_TEST_FUNCTION 0
#define BOOST_MPL_HAS_XXX_NO_WRAPPED_TYPES 0
#define BOOST_MPL_HAS_XXX_NO_EXPLICIT_TEST_FUNCTION 0
#define BOOST_MPL_HAS_XXX_NEEDS_TEMPLATE_SFINAE 0
#define BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC 0
#define BOOST_IOSTREAMS_GCC_WORKAROUND_GUARD 0
#define BOOST_SELECT_BY_SIZE_MAX_CASE 0
#define BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_IMPLICIT 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_CDECL 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_STDCALL 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_PASCAL 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_FASTCALL 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_CLRCALL 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_THISCALL 0
#define BOOST_FT_CC_IMPLICIT_THISCALL 0too

I realize that this is very dangerous and definitly not the way to go.
Any Idea how to suppress those warnings correctly?

I am using Arch-Linux with gcc-4.7.2.
I compiled boost with (as far as I remember):

./b2 toolset=gcc cxxflags=-std=c++11 link=static stage

Best Regards,

Roman Himmes

--
Softwareentwicklung