Subject: [Boost-users] [Test] Where to learn about boost::itest::mock_object?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-07 16:54:06

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple mocking library to use together with
Boost.Test. There is Turtle (aka Boost.Mock) and googlemock.

During retrospection of the big thread on Boost.Test future [1],
I found this curious post by Gennadiy [2] about mock_object.
I had no idea such facility lives in Boost.Test and it looks
it's been there for very long time.

I can't find any documentation about mock_oboject, only a couple of examples.
So, I have a few questions:

Is the mock_object an internal feature or is it dedicated (and ready) to use
by Boost.Test users?
What are basic features of this mocking facility?
How does it compare to Turtle or googlemock?

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/234297
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/234297/focus=234621
[3] find /home/mloskot/dev/boost/_svn/trunk/libs/test -type f | xargs
grep mock_object

Best regards,