Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Test : Project setting in Visual 2010
From: Oodini (svdbg___free.fr)
Date: 2013-04-08 04:39:44

Hello,

> I did some minor edits to the tutorial based on your experience to
> try and make things clearer.

If I have a suggestion, you should use more text formating functions when describing processes
(bullet points, bold characters...).
Ie, on the second page :

Finally, we need to adjust the include search order in the test project so that it can see the headers in the production code. In the Solution Explorer window, select Properties from the context menu on the Test project. Select All Configurations in the Configurations combobox in the upper left. Then select the Configuration Properties / C/C++ / General item in the treeview. On the right enter “$(SolutionDir)/PrimeFactors” into the Additional Include Directories property. Click OK.

I would do :

Finally, we need to adjust the include search order in the test project so that it can see the headers in the production code :
* Go in the <b>Solution Explorer</b> window
* Select <b>Properties/<b> from the context menu on the Test project
* Select <b>All Configurations</b> in the Configurations combobox in the upper left
* Select the <b>Configuration Properties / C/C++ / General</b> item in the treeview.
* Click OK.

Anyway, your tutorial is aleady VERY useful as it is.

> I was also thinking that maybe a video of the process might make
> things more clearer. Not everyone learns the same way and having multiple
> ways to learn things reaches more people.

Be careful with videos : don't rely too much on vocal input. You must speak clearly, not too fast, and reduce any accent because of non speaking english people.
For these ones, texts are usually easier. But extra videos are always welcome.