Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost][b2] Differenciate 32bit and 64 bit binaries when using CMake.
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 07:04:48

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Kerry, Richard <richard.kerry_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> "or be authorized to use in some companies"
>
> How can that be so ?
> If they want you to compile stuff how can they not allow you the resources
> to do so ?

Some companies will forbid usage of separate OS from the one they provide
you if you will.

> "dual boot"
> You could use Virtual Machines - that's what I do for odd platforms.

Yes, but it's still a heavy solution compared to just have a way for the
CMake FindBoost module to find the right binaries.
Using a virtual machine running Win 7 64bit into a Wind 7 64bit just
because CMake have no way to find the right binaries because boost don't
have
a convention on identifying binaries is a bit ridiculous to me. There must
be a way to have a simple solution which works for everybody.

Why are everybody wanting me to use complicated setup when a simple
convention on where to find by default what would solve this problem?

Joel Lamotte.