Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Recommended linker order
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-18 22:59:08

AMDG

On 04/18/2013 07:26 PM, Michael Powell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I am reading the article:
>
> http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/faq/liborder.html
>
> But I am not clear what this means?
>
> For instance, I'd like to put filesystem to use, but was finding
> linker errors there. Either could use filesystem issues, or
> std::string issues (<string>), but not both, for instance.

I'm sorry, but I can't parse this sentence.

> No clue how that could even be possible. Build was also failing along
> similar lines, semantic and/or what I gather are linker failures.

If you're getting linker errors than you'll
need to post the command line and the errors.
It's much harder for me to guess what's wrong
from a prose description.

> So... I get to specify the order CodeBench for Linux targeting ARM,
> wants to link libraries. Is there a specific order to include boost
> static libs that keeps the system happy? If so, what?

boost_system should go last as several libraries
depend on it, boost_thread should go before
boost_chrono. That's all I'm aware of off the
top of my head.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe