Subject: [Boost-users] [log] Compile error with gcc 4.4.6
From: Jason (jasonr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-26 12:47:19

I'm trying to compile the Boost trunk with gcc 4.4.6, which is the version
currently packaged for the RHEL/CentOS 6.x series. In doing so, I'm running
into a compiler error that was documented previously on the SourceForge
forum for Boost.Log:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost-log/forums/forum/710022/topic/6695918

It was indicated there that this was unlikely to be fixed. Is there any kind
of workaround available? Even if there was some functionality that didn't
work but the library would still build, that would be better. Since the
official Boost test platforms go all the way back to gcc 4.1.x, is it
reasonable to assume that the library should be able to build on this
version?

Jason