Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost, MinGW and SjLj
From: Archie Campbell (cephalicmarble_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-26 12:57:13

2013/4/26 Archie Campbell:

> Hi,
>
> I have compiled boost_1_53_0 using bjam on windows with MinGW (gcc-4.6.3).
>
> I am using CodeBlocks for IDE and have successfully linked against Qt5.
>
> Attempting to link against libboost_serialization produces undefined
> references
> to things like sjlj_unwind and archive_exception.
>
> What's going wrong? Do I need to flag the compiler to change exception
> strategy?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Archie

    This occurs when one of the libraries compiled using the not SJLJ
    build of MinGW. (dwarf, for example)

I fixed it, eventually, after much messing around with PATH. The
strawberry perl c compiler, an irrelevant sjlj build, had snuck in
somewhere along the line and had been picked up by bjam.

As it turns out, I had to download TDM-GCC-4.7.1, mingw & sjlj to build
against Qt5.

Boost, and my engine's code were happy to use Mingw 4.6.2, dwarf build,
but once the libraries had compiled alright, complained badly during my
code's compilation when I tried gcc 4.7.1.

Spent the rest of the day fixing up windows IO and all those enchanting
little differences between OS designs :P

I now have at least four MinGW toolchains but I'm not looking for trouble.

Archie