Subject: [Boost-users] [msm] Injecting events to FSMs from different translation units
From: samriti katoch (angelic.sam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 17:27:36

Hi,

I am using boost msm to design state machines for a relatively large
project.

The documentation online is pretty good and I was able to figure out most
features by looking at the sample code (thanks!).

My particular application has multiple FSM instances active at any given
time, and what I would like to do is to be able to generate events for a
particular FSM instance from different translation units. But I'd like to
keep the the compile time at a minimum.

I found an answer from Christophe for a similar question sometime back
here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10899641/boost-msm-class

Since, I have multiple FSM instances it would not help to have a singleton
class with the FSM shared_ptr.

I am looking for ideas/suggestions/experiences for implementing this in an
elegant OO ways.

Thanks,
Samriti