Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [statechart] state_machinesend_event assertion fails
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-14 07:35:52

Hi Dustin

> boost::statechart::result Container::react(const e_still&)

> {

>     post_event(i_still_action());

>     post_event(i_still_moving());

>     return discard_event();

> }

> I am unsure if these reactions are the cause of the assertion failure,
but given that the error message says "Container" is the InitialState, I
have to assume so.  Given that, I don't see how either Container or
GripperPosition are inactive and don't know how to interpret this
error.    I'd appreciate some guidance.

Your react function looks fine. Do you by any chance directly or indirectly
call state_machine::process_event from inside the state-machine (e.g. in-
state reaction, transition, entry action, exit action, etc.)?

Thanks,

Andreas