Subject: [Boost-users] Boost 32-64
From: Dave Dyer (ddyer-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-14 17:03:24

This is sort of a final report to thank the list for several good
pieces of advice. I'm just completing a project which uses boost
libraries to assist a project which uses shared memory to communicate
between a 64 bit process and a separate 32 bit Application.

Trying to use the managed version of shared memory proved to be too
unreliable. Doing so is advertized as "experimental" and it proved
not ready for prime time.

I succeeded by using only the very simplest, unmanaged versions of
boost shared memory and managing my own memory, very carefully, to
be sure the shared structures were identical on the 32 and 64 bit
sides of the divide.