Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What is the status of the BGL-Python Bindings project
From: John Reid (j.reid_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-19 05:13:21

On 19/06/13 03:01, lizy10b wrote:
> Hi there,
> I would like to know what is the status of the BGL-Python Bindings
> project?
> The Boost 1.53 document says that "The Python bindings for the BGL are
> now part of a separate project
> <http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/>" and links
> to http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/
> On that page I find that the latest version is 0.9 which was released
> in 2005.
> So it means the BGL-Python Binding project is not on going?
> Is the BGL-Python Bindings 0.9 compatible to Boost 1.53 ? Or any
> other ways to use Boost graph functionalities in python?

I don't think there are any plans to develop the BGL python bindings any
further. However they are usable in their current state. I would
recommend using the (slightly newer) svn version
(https://svn.osl.iu.edu/svn/projects_viz/bgl-python) rather than 0.9 as
it has an improved property map mechanism
(http://www.langreiter.com/space/bgl-python-notes). If you do use them
and have any trouble compiling them just ask here. I wonder if they
should not be added to boost.python as an example.

Cheers,
John.