Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Do correct instructions for MinGW install exist?
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-03 03:44:40

On 3 July 2013 02:04, Kirk Joppy <kirk.joppy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Anyway, as long as it works in *some* way!
>
> I kind of think that's not the best approach. The build for this
> reasonably common use case is incorrectly documented in the official
> boost webpages. I think this really needs to get fixed. Note that I'm
> talking about boost webpages, not boost.build webpages. Anyone?

The source for the getting started guide is in 'more/getting_started'
in your copy of boost. If editing the restructured text source code is
too difficult, I can try to translate changes to the html (no
promises, I don't really know restructured text myself).

FWIW I don't know much about building on windows, let alone with
mingw, so I can't help much here.