Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Do correct instructions for MinGW install exist?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-03 03:53:34

Documentation for 'getting Boost going' has not been revised for years.

It doesn't mention MinGW very helpfully, as you found out, and makes no mention of Ubuntu,
CodeBlocks, NetBeans, Eclipse ...

However, I think it is too late now - GIT is about to overwhelm us.

But new Modular GIT documentation must do better - this time we must keep refining the instructions
to help the many newbies on a wider variety of platforms.

I'd favour using a Wiki process so users from the many platforms can contribute - (under GIT so
changes that are disputed can be rolled back).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK