Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Log] More queries
From: Leo Carreon (lcarreon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-13 23:04:09

From: Leo Carreon
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:51 PM
To: Boost Users Mailing List
Subject: [Boost.Log] More queries

Hi everyone,

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have been trying to learn how to use Boost.Log.

I have been experimenting with logging to a file with filtering and specifying the log formatting in three different ways, namely:

1. Specifying the log formatting using a lambda type expression.
2. Specifying the log formatting using a plain text string with placeholders for the attributes that I have defined.
3. Specifying the log formatting in a settings file. (However, the formatting string is exactly the same as in 2 above.)

I have attached a copy of my source code and settings file. Note that I comment out parts of the source code file depending on which option I use above.

The problem I’m encountering is when I use options 2 & 3 above, the severity level string does not appear in the log.
But if I use option 1, the severity level string appears as expected. It is my understanding that severity level is a pre-defined attribute when using a severity_logger.

Am I missing something when using options 2 & 3?

If I decide to use my own severity level enumeration, what do I need to do?

Kind regards,
Leo

Hi again everyone,

I have managed to use my own severity level enumeration but the severity level string is still not appearing in the log.

Regards again,
Leo