Subject: [Boost-users] shared_ptr problem
From: Tim Burgess (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-24 18:02:55

Hi,

I'm developing an application for Windows and Mac. My source compiles and
links fine, but I'm having a problem when building the code on the Mac (OSX
10.8 Mountain Lion, Xcode 4.6 using GCC). The contents of the Issue
Navigator are shown below:

SurfaceReader Group

/Users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/smart_ptr/make_shared_obje
ct.hpp

/Users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/smart_ptr/make_shared_obje
ct.hpp:711: error: no matching function for call to
'AppConfig::AppConfig(const boost::shared_ptr<AppConfig>&)'

/Users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/smart_ptr/make_shared_obje
ct.hpp:711: error: no matching function for call to
'SurfaceProtocol::SurfaceProtocol(const
boost::shared_ptr<SurfaceProtocol>&)'

/Users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/smart_ptr/make_shared_obje
ct.hpp:711: error: no matching function for call to
'RBSpeech::RBSpeech(const boost::shared_ptr<RBSpeech>&)'

I'm using shared_ptr in about half the modules in my application and, given
that the above output doesn't refer to compilation errors in particular
modules of mine, I'm confused as to how to track this issue down. Obviously,
the issue has something to do with the constructors for my AppConfig,
SurfaceProtocol and RBSpeech classes, but these don't cause any problems
under Windows/VS2010 and only the RBSpeech class has any Mac-specific code
blocks.

Can anybody advise me how to proceed, please?

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess

Raised Bar Ltd.

T: 01827 719822