Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] Page default
From: Kelly, Dan (Dan.Kelly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-24 19:41:30

To elaborate on Ion's remarks, ALL virtual memory in user space in windows is backed by the page file, and ALL file I/O is memory mapped, the only difference being virtual memory is backed by the page file rather than a specific named file in the file system. Your inter process memory is just as likely to be in physical memory as any other data. So most likely this is not the cause of your performance issue, unless memory is so tight that your entire process working set is continually thrashing.

Dan