Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] Page default
From: Oodini (svdbg____at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-18 08:45:02

Hello,

I use Boost.Interprocess on Windows 2003 Server.

I am experiencing performances troubles. I am trying to understand what happens, and arrived on Microsoft web pages.

I seems that on Windows, shared memory is implemented only through mapped files, and that only a portion of the shared memory is physically in the RAM (this limited number of pages is called "working set").

The Windows API provides some functions for this working set :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc441804%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I would have liked Interprocess wraps the functions GetProcessMemoryInfo() and SetProcessWorkingSetSize(), so that the full shared memory is put in RAM.

But for now, I fear it is impossible to have with Interprocess performances similar to the ones provided by the alternative : data in the process memory.