Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost::gil] Type conversion in Generic Image Library
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-01 11:18:38

Hi Nestor,

I think I have overlooked your original message. Sorry for that.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Nestor Morales Hernández <
nestor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie in this library and I feel a little bit lost. I have the
> following problem:
>
> I currently have an image of the type ` boost::gil::rgb8c_view_t`. I need
> to pass it to a function (from a code I don't mantain) with this prototype:

I'm assuming you know the difference between a rgb8_image_t and
rgb8_view_t. If not let me know.

> void function(const boost::gil::rgb8c_view_t& input, const int index,
> const boost::gil::rgb8c_view_t::view_t &output)
>

> I have created an output image by using the following syntax:
>
> boost::gil::rgb8c_view_t::view_t
> output(input._dynamic_cast<boost::gil::rgb8c_view_t::view_t>());

There is no view_t in rgb8c_view_t. Just use rgb8c_view_t.

Also, do you know why you use a gil::any_image? I mean do you really need
that?

Regards,
Christian