Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [program_options] Parsing config files
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-08 14:16:12

Can you confirm?

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Last question I think: when it comes to prioritizing options
>> preference, I'd like to prefer command line over configuration file:
>> in other words, give the end-user an opportunity to override the
>> configuration file on the command line.
>
> I do CLI first and then any option files.

I can do configuration files, but it doesn't seem to matter when I do
one versus the other. Once it is specified in the configuration file,
that one takes precedence.

Perhaps there is some parse option I can use to override options? I'd
like to do configuration file first, then override with CLI, if
possible.

Of course where po::value<vector<something>>() is involved, that could
 get interesting.

Thank you...