Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [program_options] Parsing config files
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-08 15:02:13

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Works like a champ!
>
> Last question I think: when it comes to prioritizing options
> preference, I'd like to prefer command line over configuration file:
> in other words, give the end-user an opportunity to override the
> configuration file on the command line.
>
> So, to do this, first parse the configuration file? Then parse the
> command line? Or vice versa?

Doesn't seem to matter which order I put them in. The configuration
file always wins. I'd rather it was the command line that wins.

Interesting, and somewhat expected, that when I specify a mutually
exclusive set of options, the process runs and parses and responds to
the options as expected.

Anyone?

Thank ye...