Subject: [Boost-users] [chrono] float-based milliseconds?
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-30 19:26:41

Hello,

Or any of the chrono-steady-clock-based time units...

I am noticing some what appear to be rounding errors outputting
resulting millisecond values using the boost::chrono::milliseconds(x).

It's a design-decision, most if not all of our floating-point values
are single-precision-float, don't need to be double-precision-float.

When we output the milliseconds(x).count() values, however, what I am
finding is that the values are sometimes inaccurate, the same value in
3.0, for instance, output as 2.99995, stuff like this.

Is there a way to tell milliseconds what precision floating point it
is? float or double?

We are targeting ARM, BTW, without hardware floating point support,
which is the main reason, I'd like to keep things single-precision
float, if at all possible.

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell