Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [filesystem] path destructor crash
From: Pekka Seppänen (pekka.seppanen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-04 08:32:55

On 4.9.2013 14:43, Patrick Steele wrote:
> Hi Pekka,
> thanks for the help. I tried using _SECURE_SCL=1 and _SECURE_SCL=0 but still
> got the same crash.
> I see that other variables currently being used in the debug build of my
> application are:

<snip>

Well, I'd first try to compile Boost (debug variant) with those very same
defines set. Either pass those directly to B2.EXE (define=FLAG=value) or look
at BOOST_USER_CONFIG.

If that does not work, then I'd try to ditch all those defines alltogether
(just make sure everything is as default as it gets). At least with some debug
runtime versions it was impossible to have a dynamically linked runtime and
define custom runtime related options at the same time; It would always lead
to crashes like the one you're encountering.

It could be, that this limitation still exists and if you'd like to disable
some debug features you'll have to static link everything. Of course, this is
usually impossible and impractical. Then, your only option is to use release
runtime without any optimization options set. That way you'll keep your app
both usable (what comes to speed) and somewhat debuggable. It's not that
you're able to catch all errors with debug runtime anyway.

-- Pekka