Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Did build of Boost succeed - lib vs. stage/lib?
From: Lutz Gehlen (lrg_ml_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-17 17:00:34

Hello Steven,
thank you for your reply.

On Friday 15.11.2013 18:50:22 Steven Watanabe wrote:
> On 11/14/2013 05:10 PM, Lutz Gehlen wrote:
> > However, I am wondering now whether my build worked correctly or not.
> > I am trying to avoid running into subtle and hard to debug problems
> > later. Does anyone know if or what went wrong with my build? What is
> > the stage directory and is it safe to use it?
>
> stage/lib is the correct directory. If you
> look at the end of the b2 output, it should
> say so.

You are right, of course; thank you for pointing that out. I was so focused
on following the documentation that I did not notice the this remark at the
end of the b2 output.

This means, however, that there is a mistake in the documentation, right?
In sections 6.1 and 6.2
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#link-
from-within-the-visual-studio-ide and
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#or-
link-from-the-command-prompt , respectively), the paths should be
C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_55_0\stage\lib
instead of
C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_55_0\lib
Or am I missing something?

Best wishes,