Subject: [Boost-users] Issue with compilation using XCode 4.6/GCC
From: Tim Burgess (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-17 17:31:38

Hi,

I have a project for Windows/Mac that builds fine using VS2010, but
generates errors when I build using Xcode 4.6 with the GCC compiler
(required, as this project also uses wxWidgets). All of my modules compile
cleanly, but I get the following "orphaned" error output that doesn't seem
to belong to any module:

SurfaceReader Group
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:28:
'<anonymous enum>' is/uses anonymous type
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:28:
Trying to instantiate 'template<class T> struct boost::remove_reference'
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:38:
'<anonymous enum>' is/uses anonymous type
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:38:
Trying to instantiate 'template<class T> struct boost::remove_reference'

I realise that I haven't provided the command that Xcode is using to build
the project - this isn't deliberate, but I can't seem to locate where Xcode
provides this on-screen using the VoiceOver accessibility tool (I'm a
totally blind developer). Can anybody offer any advice regarding decay.hpp
errors (I'm not including it directly in any of my modules), or can direct
to me to where I might find a log that would provide more detail as to the
compilation options that Xcode is using (i.e. its GCC-equivalent command
line)?

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes.
Tim Burgess