Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Forthcoming Boost.Fiber review
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-18 21:29:40

On 19/12/2013 11:27, Quoth kwanti:
> Maybe you are not aware of this. From the documentation link that you
> provided, there is advertisement popup in every page.

It's a particularly offensive one in that it has supposed "close"
buttons that actually open a popup window.

But this library sounds interesting. When it was initially mentioned I
was wondering how it related to Coroutine, since they sound like similar
problem domains. But now I see that it uses Coroutine as a basis.

One very minor quibble (which I'll share now because I'm not sure if
I'll be around during the formal review period): I don't like how the
library is called "Fiber", in subdir "fiber", but in namespace "fibers".
  I do prefer namespace "fibers" (since boost::fiber::fiber would be
annoying), but I think the library and dir should also be called
"fibers" too.

On the other hand, the singular is more consistent with other Boost
library names and with Thread, which it is intended to resemble (though
that avoids the namespace issue by putting everything directly into
"boost").