Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Forthcoming Boost.Fiber review
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-19 08:49:36

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Carlos Ferreira <carlosmf.pt_at_[hidden]>wrote:

Well, the reason why I asked about that, was because my use-case is an
> Openflow Controller which needs to support a massive number of open
> sockets.

Oliver will tell you that such a use case is a good fit.

> This use case needs to be stable enough for demonstration and prototype
> purposes.
> You are right! I should have asked instead "Will the API change" which is
> probably a much better question for this use-case.

I can tell you it won't change immediately. What's out there now is
Oliver's proposed API. The review won't even start until January 6, and it
runs until January 15 (update from announcement mail, btw). The Review
Manager (ahem) will try to organize review feedback into a coherent set of
recommendations for the library author. That feedback might be: thumbs up!
Ship it! Or it might involve API changes. Oliver will then respond to those
recommendations.

> For now, I will stick to the normal Boost.Coroutines (despite I also have
> a few problems with that. Please watch my next post for further detail). If
> I really need the capabilities that the Fiber framework is providing, then
> I will surely contribute.

Thank you, and good luck.