Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost condition_variable internals
From: Kenneth Adam Miller (kennethadammiller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-24 10:51:55

Ah yeah, I found the source location just a bit after sending that and saw
about what condition_variable uses internally after I looked at it. I can
use locks, but I'm restricted to using locks that are from the pin
threading api, so any locks that come from pthreads or windows are the ones
that I have to avoid.

I don't know if you saw my ealier message, but I have a complex set of
needs that I have to satisfy and I can't have any library that I use call
upon those non-pintool-api utilities (locks, thread management of any
kind). They have to be routed through the pintools api. So I need help
determining what will and won't work that architecture.

In that case, I've found boost's lockfree queue; now I need to be able to
efficiently poll on message recipients (sort of what condition variables
provided). I'm using all of these facilities rather than simple message
passing because I'm not sure that I can learn openMPI fast enough for my
deadline.