Subject: Re: [Boost-users] making a geometry half closed
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-26 16:49:20

Hi Sean,

Sean Farrow wrote On 26-1-2014 14:44:

> Hi,
>
> From what I understand any boost geometry is fully closed. Is there a
> way of making a geometry half closed, such that the bottom row is not
> included?
>
> I'm needing to do this with a Box2D$Values.
>
> Any help appreciated.

No, this is not really implemented. Which problem do you have in mind?
For example a "touch" relationship where two geometries touch each
other, would this differ if they touch the upper row instead of the
lower row?

The within-algorithm (for point-in-box) considers a point within if it
is completely inside. That can be finetuned by supplying a strategy
which considers bottom-row / right row.

Regard, Barend