Subject: Re: [Boost-users] making a geometry half closed
From: Sean Farrow (sean.farrow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-26 16:57:27

Hi,

Ok, take a windows RECT structure:
typedef struct _RECT {
  LONG left;
  LONG top;
  LONG right;
  LONG bottom;
} RECT, *PRECT;
The remarks then state:
By convention, the right and bottom edges of the rectangle are normally considered exclusive. In other words, the pixel whose coordinates are ( right, bottom ) lies immediately outside of the rectangle. For example, when RECT is passed to the FillRect function, the rectangle is filled up to, but not including, the right column and bottom row of pixels.
How can I gain the same behaviour when doing equals, overlaps etc.?
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Sean.