Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Generating PDF from QuickBook?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-08 09:41:25

I believe that RenderX XEP has been the only one that has worked on Quickbook toolchain to produce
PDFs.

It is a hassle to set up (as I have been rediscovering on moving to new hardware and Windows 8.1 and
64-bit).

The user-config.jam values

# XSLT-FO processor from RenderX.com
using fop
  : # XEP batch filename
  # Note you may need to increase the Java heap size.
   "C:/Progra~1/renderx/xep/xep.bat" # OK
   : # Java executable called by xep.bat.
   "C:\\Program files\\Java\\jre7" # OK changed from jre6 and on 8 Feb 2014 is OK.
    ;

*and* the program locations *inside* xep.bat must be edited (awkward if in program file/renderX).

If anyone wants help doing this setup, do ask, privately if preferred.

HTML docs are essential, but PDFs are a single file and easily emailed, and can be *searched* using
your favorite PDF reader, a useful feature if the docs are unindexed, or the term chosen by the
authors to be indexed is not the term you expect.

We continue to be grateful to RenderX for permission to use this software to generate these useful
PDFs.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,