Subject: [Boost-users] [boost.format] another compilation error with VC 2013
From: Olaf Krzikalla (olaf.krzikalla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-14 07:36:26

Hi boost,

I've encountered another VC 2013 problem.
alt_sstream doesn't compile, since its base class std::basic_streambuf
has an explicitely nonthrowing dtor.
I actually had to fix it at two places:

- virtual ~basic_altstringbuf()
+ virtual ~basic_altstringbuf() BOOST_NOEXCEPT_OR_NOTHROW

and

+ virtual ~basic_oaltstringstream() BOOST_NOEXCEPT_OR_NOTHROW
+ { }

Please, can anyone explain the second place: why doesn't the
compiler-generated dtor inherit the nothrow clause? Is it due to the
other base class (base_from_member< shared_ptr<...> >)?

The weird thing is that MS even advocates the usage of boost.format with
MSVC 2013: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh438469.aspx
So I am not 100% sure, whether the problem is boost/MSVC-related or my
configuration is wrong. Google is surprisingly quiet regarding the issue.

Best Olaf